Wednesday 2 September 2009

Joke - How to get to heaven

Bedlam Humour.

Here's a joke from fellow writer, Mark Sadler. Mark, author of 'Blood on His Hands', describes himself as a Brit stranded in the Tucson desert.

How to get to Heaven
The sweet young Sunday-school teacher was testing children in her Dublin class to see if they understood the concept of getting to heaven.

She asked them, 'If I sold my house and my car, had a big garage sale and gave all my money to the church, would that get me into heaven?'

'NO!' the children answered.

'If I cleaned the church every day, mowed the garden, and kept everything tidy, would that get me into heaven?'

Again, the answer was 'NO!'

By now the sweet young thing was starting to smile. 'Well, then, if I was kind to animals and gave sweets to all the children, and loved my husband, would that get me into heaven?'

Again, they all shouted out, 'NO!'

She was just about bursting with pride for them, so continued, 'Then how can I get into heaven?'

A six year-old boy in the back of the room shouted out, "YUV’ GOTTA’ BE FOOK’N DEAD...."

Good one Mark. Hope you find time to send in more.
Next post on Bedlam.

No comments: