Saturday 8 August 2009

Joke - The wife's money and her last rites.

Bedlam - humour.

Here's a joke from Alan. Please support it by giving it a thumbs-up on Stumble at the bottom of the post.


Mary inherited a load of money from her parents – but like all women hated spending her own money and spent her husband’s instead.

Just before she died, as she was been given the last rites, she said to her husband, "Now listen. When I die, I want you to promise to take all my money and put it in the coffin with me. I want to take my money to the after-life with me. It’s MY money, left to me by my loving parents.”

He promised to her, in front of the priest, that he would.

Well, she died and was laid out in the coffin, her husband sat in black, and his friend sat next to him. It was time for the service, but just before the undertakers got ready to close the coffin, the husband stood and said, "Wait just a moment!' He came over with a large box and placed it respectfully in the casket alongside Mary.

The undertakers screwed the lid of the coffin down, and rolled it away. His friend nudged him, "Surely, you weren't fool enough to put all that money in there with your wife!"

The husband said, "Listen, I'm a Christian. I can't go back on my word. I promised her that I’d put that money in that coffin, and I have."

"You mean to tell me you really put ALL that money in there with her?”

"Of course I did," said the husband. "I wrote her a check."


Brilliant joke, Alan, thanks.


End of post - The wife's money and her last rites.

No comments: