Friday 3 October 2008

JK Rowling, Harry Potter, and loads of money!




JK Rowling - 3 Million pounds a week!

Wow! JK Rowling is now officially the highest paid writer in the world! I knew she was loaded, but this is overboard.

She apparently earned in excess of £170 million last year – over £3m a WEEK – according to business magazine, Forbes.

JK Rowling, six times more income than Patterson

JK Rowling, wrote the first of her best-selling books about boy wizard Harry Potter, as a single mother, on the breadline. The 43-year-old millionaire author's income is six times that of James Patterson, the next best paid author, who wrote, Along Came a Spider.
I notice they haven’t mention what I earned! Maybe they didn’t want to embarrass JK!

Last month, JK Rowling donated £1 million to the Labour Party, indicating that the contribution was inspired by Labour's profile on child poverty and Tory’s offer of tax breaks to married couples.
.
I have to admit, if I earned just one week’s worth of her income, I don’t think I’d bother to write ever again - and I wouldn't bother who was in power....
.
.

No comments: