Friday 25 April 2008

A Wow Recipe for Fish!

Thought I'd share this recipe with you. It's one of my favourites. We tend to eat a lot of fish, so I'm always on the lookout for more. If you know some good ones, pass 'em on.

This is for swordfish steaks, but I've also used it on haddock fillets, which are quite light and flakey, so I guess it'll be good on any fillet.

For two people:-

- I don't give exact amounts, I work on the basis that a recipe is only a guide, just one person's account. There are endless variations on a theme, who says which is best? I like to experiment - try altering the amounts - no problem.

  • two swordfish steaks
  • two slices of bread blitzed into crumbs
  • one large garlic clove - crushed
  • olive oil
  • seasoning
  • small handful of parsely

Oil a flat oven tin and place steaks on it. Cover the steaks with a thin layer of crumbs. Add garlic, parsely and seasoning. Cover with rest of breadcrumbs, patting lightly to firm into place. Drizzle both steaks with olive oil, and place in preheated covered BBQ or oven, on medium heat, for ten minutes. - Superb, better than most restaurants!

Serve with veg of choice.

A decent sauce to go with it might be basic white sauce, with a few thinly sliced mushrooms, a dollop of tomato ketchup, a dash of worcestershire sauce, and a dash of white wine vinegar.

Next post on Bedlam


-------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: